Tomatoes are an excellent source of vitamin C and other antioxidants. They help combat the formation of free radicals in the body.Tomatoes, helps to improve your eyesight as well as prevent night-blindness and macular degeneration.Tomatoes also help lower the risk of cancer.
Cooking Time: 20minutes!
2-3 chopped Tomatoes
8 slices Multigrain bread
1 tsp Butter
1 tsp Garlic chopped
1 small Onion
Salt to taste
Crushed black peppercorns to taste
Fresh thyme sprigs 1-2
1 tsp Sugar
Baby spinach leaves
150 grams Mozzarella cheese sliced
Step By Step:
- Heat butter in a non-stick pan. Add finely grated garlic and saute for 30 seconds. Add finely chopped onion and saute till translucent.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes, mix and cook till it turns soft and pulpy.
- Add salt, crushed peppercorns and torn thyme sprigs, mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add sugar and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and cool. This is tomato jam.
- Spread some tomato jam on each bread slice. Place few iceberg lettuce leaves, baby spinach leaves and mozzarella cheese slices on 4 bread slices.
- Sprinkle some salt and crushed peppercorns on top and cover with remaining bread slices, jam side down.
- Cut into triangles and serve.